We hosted our second Around the Alliance session live on LinkedIn on Wednesday, 25 August at 15:00 CEST.
What was the session about?
This session was all about cloud infrastructure – from potential business models, to the future of the sector and political regulation.
This Around the Alliance session was moderated by our Executive Chairman Max Schulze, and and featured two panelists with incredible insights into the data center industry:
Content of the session
We kicked off the event with the short introduction of our two panelists, followed by a discussion facilitated by Max. Below you can find some of the questions and topics discussed:
- The British government recommends all UK companies to transition into the cloud to become more sustainable. What do you think about this?
- Is there enough room for small cloud providers?
- What is the meaning of cloud for you?
- Can colocation hosts also offer cloud services?
- Is a public cloud by design more sustainable than an enterprise cloud?
- Is PUE a good energy efficiency metric?
- What needs to be done to get the industry to share energy consumption and carbon emission data for transparency?
- What do data center business models look like in the future? What are current trends in the industry?
- What do you think of the building of a European cloud or generally of the building of a governmental cloud?
At the end, every panelists shared some final words and gave some reading/listening recommendations:
- Saga Thing podcast
- Data Center Energy Analysis video by Dr. Eric Masanet
- Data Center Code of Conduct website
We had an excellent discussion with interesting opinions, fascinating industry insights, and an engaged community. You can watch the recording below, and a big thanks to both Emma and Mark as well as everyone that attended this event!
We are looking forward to our next Around the Alliance session in September.
If you don't want to miss the next Around the Alliance session, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter. If you are interested in being a panelist for the next event, reach out to us: email@example.com.